Tasks are individual jobs you assign to your team members—”change the menu,” “make sure the security system is turned on,” “turn in your time cards.” They also function as every group’s to-do list, allowing a specific set of people to share, talk about, and follow up on their common duties.
Admins Make sure the Tasks feature had been enabled, either from your Admin screen or via the Add-Ons tray.
The Task line item on the Chats screen shows your total number of uncompleted tasks, regardless of group.
You can see how many unfinished tasks you have and access your task list from here
Tap on the Task line item to see a list of all your tasks, as well as the groups or team members who also have that task. You can also check off tasks as completed from here. Tapping on the task itself gets you any details about it, such as whether it repeats.
Your list of tasks
It’s easy to create, customize and monitor tasks with the Crew app.
There are several ways to assign both routine and new tasks—either turning a conversation into a task as you go along, or else using the dedicated Task function. (See How to Create a Task)
Either way, you’ll be able to customize a task’s features and track its completion.
- Repeating Tasks: Make sure that your team members are reminded of certain tasks on a regular basis. (See How to Make a Task Repeat)
- Gold Star: Reward completion of a task
- Reminder Function: Tapping the Bell icon at the bottom of the screen gives you the option to send a task reminder to everyone in the group
- Delete: This is especially useful for canceling repeating tasks when they’re no longer necessary
- If a task is created in a group thread it can be checked off directly in the conversation, without having to go back to the task screen.
- Once a task is checked off as complete you will be able to view its history, with time stamps.
- Team members will be awarded gold stars automatically when they check off a task as complete, if this feature is enabled.
Admins Subscribers to Crew Pro can enable or disable permission for non-admins to create tasks. And all admins have the ability to uninstall the whole task function, if desired, through the “Manage” tasks button on their Admin screens.
Tip Set a repeating task that will be assigned only to team members who are actually at work by creating it in a Location Group. For example, the task “check bathrooms every two hours” will only go out to staff who are at your job site at that time.